Jun. 1, 2010
Jan. 24, 2012
Jan. 25, 2012
Jan. 26, 2012
Jan. 27, 2012
Apr. 24, 2009

item.91076

Mark Lewis

After logging in to AT&T wireless from my iPhone, I wanted to look into switching my home phone service to them. Their links took me thru several pages that opened with a warning that Internet Explorer was required for proper functioning. I persisted until I reached a page with no exit link.

Apparently AT&T is still partially stuck in a PC only world.

May. 16, 2009

item.92220

Paul D. Cook

I was thinking about buying an iPhone and switching all of my land-line phone, cell phone, Internet service and cable TV over to AT&T.

When I went to AT&T's web site and began exploring options, I got the following error message:

"Welcome To AT&T....We're sorry. The Internet browser that you are using will not display the following pages properly. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher instead."

Obviously, AT&T (and Apple's iPhone) are loosing that sale. The next question is can I switch what service I do have from AT&T to someone else?

item.92297

William Luckie

Re Paul D. Cook's observation concerning AT&T's web site not being compatible with his browser. I have been a customer of AT&T for some time with an iPhone, Uverse TV and as an internet provider. I have no problem accessing all pages using Safari 4 or 3.5.

item.92299

Jeff Fishbein

What browser are you using? I use Camino, which is hardly mainstream, and is Mac-only, and have no problems on AT&T's web site. And I just brought it up in Safari.

May. 18, 2009

item.92348

Mo! Langdon

AT&T is our landline (since back in the PacBell days) and cell provider; I've always had great success with their Web sites using OmniWeb.

May. 29, 2010

item.115251

Roger Bull

It appears that ATT is working hard to further alienate Mac users. Starting today, the only way I can access my ATT online account is using Internet Explorer on Windows. Safari and Netscape no longer work. You can login but the subsequent pages are broken.

Jun. 1, 2010

item.115267

Colleen Thompson

Roger Bull reported

"It appears that ATT is working hard to further alienate Mac users. Starting today, the only way I can access my ATT online account is using Internet Explorer on Windows. Safari and Netscape no longer work. You can login but the subsequent pages are broken."

I just paid my ATT bill moments ago using Safari, and it worked fine. Try clearing your cache. Try rebooting. Try adding OpenDNS to your Network setting DNS entries (208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222.) I have found that helps a lot when a computer is having trouble loading the same pages in different browsers.

Jan. 24, 2012

item.151148

Peter Lovell

No problem with AT&T website using Safari 5.1.2 and Lion 10.7.2 on recent 13" MBP.

item.151171

Charles Tjalsma

No problem here, Lion with Safari 5.1.2

item.151083

David Farrow

As of today 1-24-12, I can no longer log into AT&T's web site to monitor my wireless account or pay my bill using Safari on Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

AT&T has remodeled their website a bit; instead of clicking on one "log in" button, I now have to click on 3 on successive screens. When finally prompted for my username (wireless number) and password, if I put in the correct username, it goes in an endless loop with a lovely animated pop-up, and then returns me to the log-in screen; rinse and repeat. If I put in an incorrect log in credential, I get a proper error message.

I did this with the AT&T customer support person on the line, and they are utterly and completely clueless. She was about to "reset my entire account" (her words) when I told her in no uncertain terms not to, and attempted instead to file a bug report that AT&T has broken their web page for Macintosh users. I'm not sure if I was successful in doing so, as I don't think there was an option on her script for actually taking a problem report; the script only allows for errors on the users' part, not AT&Ts.

The utter and abysmal decrepit state of this company never ceases to astound.

item.151089

David Farrow

Followup to my message posted 20 minutes ago: I am able to log in to AT&T's website using FireFox 9.01, but I am still not able to do so using Safari 5 in Lion.

item.151142

MacInTouch Reader

I'm using a 2011 iMac with Lion 10.7.2 and Safari 5.1.2 and I have no trouble logging into att.com.

Jan. 25, 2012

item.151144

MacInTouch Reader

Re:

"Followup to my message posted 20 minutes ago: I am able to log in to AT&T's website using FireFox 9.01, but I am still not able to do so using Safari 5 in Lion."

I have no problem logging in to ATT Wireless with Safari in either 10.6.8 or 10.7.2. Perhaps you have an extension that is causing the problem.

item.151164

MacInTouch Reader

Just go to att.com and click on myAT&T and it takes you right to the login screen.

item.151166

Stanley Weber

I also am using Lion 10.7.2 and Safari 5.1.2 and I have no trouble logging into att.com. I actually found it easier to login than their older site -- no screens to advance through. And it was a bit quicker feeling.

item.151194

MacInTouch Reader

Regarding David Farrow's inability to log in to AT&T's website using Safari 5 under Lion: I initially had the same experience, but resetting Safari (Safari:Reset Safari...) restored my ability to log in. (I kept all attributes checked for the reset - I don't use AutoFill, for example - but that may not be required.) I've always found AT&T's account management site to be poorly designed, but at least I can still access it using Safari.

Jan. 26, 2012

item.151204

Jeff Fishbein

I use Camino, and I've been getting this message at the login screen for at least a couple months:

The browser that you are using is not supported by AT&T's website. You may continue to explore the site, but many features and layout elements may not work or display properly.

Currently supported browsers:

* Firefox v4.0 and above
* Safari v4.0 and above
* Chrome v7.0 and above
* Internet Explorer v7.0 and above

However, I'm still able to log in normally.

Jan. 27, 2012

item.151304

David Charlap

Jeff Fishbein wrote:

"I use Camino, and I've been getting this message at the login screen for at least a couple months: The browser that you are using is not supported ... However, I'm still able to log in normally."

Sounds like the server is comparing your user-agent string against a list of supported agents and is generating the "not supported" message for anything that doesn't match.

Since the site appears to be working normally, you could just ignore it. Or you could consider installing and add-on to let you spoof some other browser's user-agent string. (I have my Firefox 9 spoof Firefox 3.6 when I access my employer's time-card system, since it refuses to load when the browser reports that it is version 4 or later.)

If you use such a utility, be sure to turn it off when going to sites that don't need it - you want the server logs to show that you're using Camino, so those webmasters that actually care will know.

MacInTouch Amazon link...

Talk to MacInTouch     Support  •  Find/Go