Office 2004: Excel

Feb. 6, 2010
Feb. 8, 2010
Feb. 9, 2010
Jan. 4, 2011
Feb. 6, 2010

item.109111

Alfred Cellier

Am I the only one for whom Excel 2004 (on a late-2008 iMac) under Snow Leopard 10.6.2, frequently freezes and must be force-quit?

I had to update from Office v.X because Excel would not run on Leopard, now with SL even the newer app is bad...

Feb. 8, 2010

item.109148

MacInTouch Reader

Alfred Cellier writes:

"I had to update from Office v.X because Excel would not run on Leopard"

Excel v.X runs fine on Leopard on both Intel and PowerPC Macs for me. I've seen no reason to updrade, especially to Office 2008, which despite being Intel native, is slower.

item.109156

Gregory Tetrault

Alfred Cellier said:

"Am I the only one for whom Excel 2004 (on a late-2008 iMac) under Snow Leopard 10.6.2, frequently freezes and must be force-quit?"

No. I had the Excel problem and many others (such as Canvas X and iView Media Pro not working). I gave up on Snow Leopard and reverted back to OS X 10.5.

Feb. 9, 2010

item.109236

Logan Steve

I run both Canvas X and Office on Snow Leopard without problems, but I had to do some work to make it so.

For Canvas, I had to do a re-install, starting with my original disk, updating to build 925, then to 926.

For Office 2004, I had to run the latest update.

A friend successfully runs Office v.X on Snow Leopard. Probably had to run the latest update or re-install I imagine.

Remember, before installing software it's always good to first boot in safe mode and run Disk Utilities. I always also run OnyX after this and execute the Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Scripts.

Jan. 4, 2011

item.127061

Randy Spydell

Anyone know if I can invoke a printed list of all custom-defined cell names in a multi-page workbook?

Of course what I tried (and expected might work) was to select Name -> Define . . . from the Insert menu and then select Print (or cmd-p). No go.

Beyond a simple list of all definitions in the workbook, an inventory of all cells on all worksheets where each defined name is used would be *very* useful.

Any hints? I'm using Excel 2004, but could use 2008 if necessary. I don't have a copy of 2011 yet.

MacInTouch Amazon link...

Talk to MacInTouch     Support  •  Find/Go