Apr. 7, 2009
Sep. 1, 2009
May. 4, 2010
May. 5, 2010
Feb. 25, 2011
Feb. 19, 2009

item.87323

Judi R

Thank you, thank you! Had the corrupt font problem and quickly found solution... the FontCacheTool - you guys rule! xoxoxo

Mar. 17, 2009

item.89037

Victoria Waters

What a relief. I had been getting that corrupt font problem for months and it was driving me crazy. FontCache solution worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Apr. 7, 2009

item.90112

Greg Scott

Yes, it totally worked... deleting the font cache tool! (It's in Applications/Office/Support Files: FontCacheTool) - thank you!

Sep. 1, 2009

item.99055

Richard R. Liu

I seem to have a different problem with Office 2004 and fonts, but it might be related. Perhaps others have experienced it. On my PC at work I created a Powerpoint presentation that uses two proprietary fonts, Imago and Minion. I found the .ttf files for them on the PC (Imagm__e.ttf, Imagmi_e.ttf, Imagw__e.ttf, Imagwi_e.ttf, Minii__e.ttf, Minir__e.ttf, Minisb_e.ttf, Minisbie.ttf) and imported them with FontBook into my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.5.8).

When I open the presentation in Powerpoint 2004 on the Mac the original font information appears in the style picker when I highlight some text, but Powerpoint has evidently substituted another font for it on the screen, because some text wraps that should not. Furthermore, it is not possible to choose font style Imago or Minion, only some variants thereof, e.g., Minion Semi-Bold.

So, apparently, Powerpoint fails to recognize these individual files as two font families. When I use a Mac application like TextEdit, I can work with Imago and Minion as I would expect: simply choose the style, then apply bold, italics, etc.

Has anybody experienced this problem, and does anybody have a solution?

May. 4, 2010

item.113953

Steven MacDonald

I had to install Excel 2004 to use a spreadsheet that has Visual Basic Macros and the installation seems to have screwed up WebKit. I already had "Office X" installed but needed Excel 2004 but not 2008 which dropped visual basic.

Now if I, say, do a google search most of the text in the search results is replaced by an "A" inside a square. Likewise certain html emails I have received have the same "A" in them. I reinstalled Safari but no change.

My best guess is that it's some font conflict from one of the fonts Microsoft installed. How do I get rid of this crap program and the garbage that came with it? Is there a way to roll back to an earlier version of my hard drive using Time Machine?

May. 5, 2010

item.113977

Steven MacDonald

Answering my own question...

I found where MS had installed the new fonts (both in the Office 2004 folder as well as in user/Library/Fonts). I replaced the user/Library/Fonts with the one from Time Machine. Now all is well again.

Feb. 25, 2011

item.130170

MacInTouch Reader

This worked! Thanks!

MacInTouch Amazon link...

Talk to MacInTouch     Support  •  Find/Go