MacInTouch Reader Reports

Photography: Miscellaneous

Feb. 6, 2009
Feb. 7, 2009
Mar. 24, 2009
Feb. 6, 2009

item.86626

Volodymyr Prokurashko

I found this application very useful as for macrophotography.

All below info is gotten from the program site: http://d-studio.com.ua/products/helicon_focus/helicon_focus.html

Helicon Focus is a program that creates one completely focused image from several partially focused images by combining the focused areas.

The program is designed for macrophotography, microphotography and hyperfocal landscape photography to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem.

Helicon Focus also aligns images as objects often change their size and position from shot to shot. This function is especially important for macrophotography. [...]

Feb. 7, 2009

item.86784

Stephen Hart

Volodymyr Prokurashko mentioned Helicon Focus.

I recently bought Helicon Focus and find that it's an easy-to-use application that really works to combine a number of photos into a single image with a huge apparent depth of field.

item.86801

Gordon Olson

The latest version of Photoshop, CS4, now has the ability to merge multiple images with different parts in focus.

Last summer, I used Helicon Focus for its 30-day trial period and decided not to buy it. It does a reasonably good job at what it claims to do. Unfortunately, at that time the Mac version was a simplified version of the PC version. Maybe now the two versions are more comparable. If so, there may be more reason to buy it.

Mar. 24, 2009

item.89436

Volodymyr Prokurashko

Mac version of Helicon Focus still does not have the same list of features as its Windows analogue. However, I found that for big stacks, it produces results with greater performance than CS4 does. And I did not find difference in quality.

MacInTouch Amazon link...

Talk to MacInTouch     Support  •  Find/Go